Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Into the Wild

     I think that if you only carry enough on your back at a dead run you  distance yourself from everyone around and become an outcast in society. The value of a minimalist lifestyle would be that if danger came you would be able to get away quickly.  Such as when Alex was caught on the trains and when he was caught hitchhiking. Also living a minimalist lifestyle would be beneficial to you if you were trying to distance yourself from others and your old self. You could change your name like Chris did and get rid of everything you own so people couldn't track you. You would also be able to lead a life of solitude so you can do whatever you want whenever you want. It also lets you do whatever deep thinking and philosophical ways that may inspire you. 
      I don't think I would be able to do this in today's society because I am to materialistic and I wouldn't be able to leave my family like Chris did. Even if I would take some material things with me I feel I wouldn't be able to cut out the technological ways I have been brought up in. My family is a huge part of my life and I wouldn't be able to leave them because they are my rock through all of my troubles and I their rock through their's. I think it would be fun to try and live like that but it would take to much of an emotional toll on my and myself.   

No comments:

Post a Comment