Saturday, August 18, 2012

Writing Views

When writing I always have trouble with what I am trying to say. I enjoy writing papers that are more scientific or persuasive. I do better with writing about facts than having to create stories.  I feel like I can never put what I want to say into the correct wording or it just doesn't sound correct when I am trying to say it. With long term writing papers I try to keep myself on task and finish my drafts by certain deadlines I give myself but that usually doesn't happen because I am not very confident with what I write.   I would mainly like to improve upon the ability to keep my paper flowing together nicely in my writing. I feel that my strengths are having a large vocabulary and good sentence structure though I would also like to improve upon that as well.

For the portfolio will we only put final products in it?  How will the portfolios be graded? The units I am the most excited for are; realism, naturalism, and racial issues in america and modernism, post-modernism, and the 21st century. I am looking forward to these units because they have to two novels I have been looking forward to reading. The unit I am least excited for is the poetry. Poetry doesn't appeal to me because I don't like how the poets hide the meaning of their words. I think I will do well on most of the units the only thing I am worried about is the poetry out loud I don't recite things well in front of a class.

2 comments:

  1. We'll have the opportunity to work with persuasive writing, so that will be good for you. The best way to build confidence and become a better writer is to keep writing.

    The portfolio will include final products and other smaller writings. You will take writings that you've done and fix them up even further to basically prepare them for a final draft. I'm still working out just how they will be graded (I've never done this sort of project before), so I'll have to get back to you on that part of it.

    Which novels are you looking forward to reading? I'm just curious. As for the poetry, I think you'll do just fine. The hidden meaning in poems can be difficult, but they can reveal a lot of information, especially the poems that we'll be reading that relate to the time periods and attitudes of Americans.

    I'm excited to see how the class goes this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and The Great Gatsby.

      Delete